This September, the Bluegrass State will be hosting the 2014 Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS) Annual Conference, which will be held at the Kentucky International Convention Center in Louisville from September 25th to 28th.
“The SDMS Annual Conference is designed for sonographers, students, and physicians who use sonography in their practice,” states the conference’s Registration Brochure. “The educational program provides knowledge and skills in new sonographic techniques, diagnostic accuracy, enhancements of sonographic instrumentation, and practice management strategies.”
Highlights of this year’s SDMS conference include:
- Participants can earn up to 23.5 continuing medical education credits: up to 7.5 CME from the pre-conference workshops on the Thursday and up to 23.5 CME credits by attending the three days of the conference on Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
- Choice of more than 90 educational sessions offered among the abdominal, cardiac, vascular and OB/GYN sonography tracks. (The Thursday pre-conference workshops also highlight these four tracks as well as student, educator, musculoskeletal, registry review and special cases themes).
- More than 60+ exhibitors will be showcased (including technology companies, foundations, professional associations, educational accreditation committees, registration and certification bodies, employment services, medical and health centers, schools and more).
- Several luncheons will also be held during the conference including one especially for sonography students hosted by the ARDMS.
- Other special events throughout the conference include a keynote presentation by motivational speaker Marilyn Sherman, a session about the SDMS Foundation, ASRT and ACR providing imaging education in Haiti, receptions, a party at the Kentucky Derby Museum and more.
According to the SDMS’ Facebook page, if you register by Friday, July 25th, you can save $100+ on attendance fees. Note there are several registration fee options, such as for students, SDMS members and non-members, as well as for individual days, pre-conference workshops or the entire weekend.
If you can’t make it to Louisville, KY this September, plan for a future SDMS Conference. The 2015 and 2017 SDMS Annual Conferences will be held in Dallas, Texas (2015 & 2017) and the 2016 and 2018 SDMS Annual Conferences will be held in Orlando, Florida.