As the founder of Surviving Sonography School, a popular blog that offers invaluable insights for aspiring sonographers, Hazel has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field. She joins us as a member of our Spring 2023 Sonography Scholarship Selection Committee. Thank you Hazel!
I’m so grateful to be participating as a member of the scholarship selection committee. The Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program was life-changing for me, and it makes me excited to see others on their own journey.
My name is Hazel. I write my blog anonymously. I have been a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer since 2018. I was first introduced to sonography when I was
pregnant and was hooked immediately. Even all these years later, I
continue to be amazed at the power behind the technology which allows us
to quickly identify pathology within the body.
Through my website, survivingsonographyschool.com, I try to help
students navigate the challenging curriculum and clinical rotations in a
way that is streamlined and efficient. Writing my blog anonymously
allows me to speak openly and honestly about the challenges and real
experiences within clinical sites in an effort to prepare students for
what they may face.
Book: The Ultrasound Sector Shade and Label Book – Abdomen Edition
- Spring 2022 Essay: Washburn University’s Jessica Dondlinger
- Fall 2021 Essay: Bellin College Wisconsin’s Kayla Klemp
- Spring 2021 Essay : Grand Valley State University’s Joyanna Osborne
- Fall 2020 Essay: Adrienne Hardy of Valencia College in Orlando, FL
- Spring 2020 Essay: Misericordia University’s Olivia Newcomer
- Fall 2019 Essay: Kendall Clark of Southern Illinois University – Carbondale
- Financial Aid: How to Pay for Sonography School
- Undocumented Students: What to Know About Aid for Sonography School