Tatyana O. Beaves, MD, RDCS, RDMS joined us as a member of our Spring 2023 Sonography Scholarship Selection Committee. Thank you Dr. Beaves!
Tatyana O. Beaves is the director of the diagnostic medical sonography baccalaureate program and a professor at the Grand Valley State University (GVSU), Grand Rapids, Michigan.
She earned her Medical Doctor Degree in Pediatrics from Rostov-on-Don Medical University (RostSMU) and completed her residency training in Diagnostic Radiology through Saint Petersburg University, Russian Federation.
Tatyana O. Beaves practiced as a Lead Radiologist in the City Hospital No 4 at Rostov-on-Don, Russian Federation, and is teaching medical sciences and sonography courses for the past 15 years.
As a professor at GVSU she is mentoring students’ undergraduate research and honors courses projects. Several of the projects mentored were presented at the National Diagnostic Medical Sonographers Conference for the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and earned rewards.
She is a member of International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISUOG).
Her areas of concentration are pediatrics, gynecology and obstetrics.
Tatyana O. Beaves is credentialed by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography in Cardiac, Abdominal and OBGYN Specialties.
She is an author of SDMS Clinical Refreshers-Breast Sonography- Fluid Aspiration, and Transrectal Ultrasound Scan of the prostate gland.
- Spring 2022 Essay: Washburn University’s Jessica Dondlinger
- Fall 2021 Essay: Bellin College Wisconsin’s Kayla Klemp
- Spring 2021 Essay : Grand Valley State University’s Joyanna Osborne
- Fall 2020 Essay: Adrienne Hardy of Valencia College in Orlando, FL
- Spring 2020 Essay: Misericordia University’s Olivia Newcomer
- Fall 2019 Essay: Kendall Clark of Southern Illinois University – Carbondale
- Financial Aid: How to Pay for Sonography School
- Undocumented Students: What to Know About Aid for Sonography School